Google Photos is the best way to keep all your pictures in one place. It’s also easy to use, and you don’t need any special skills or apps to upload photos from your phone or computer. Here’s how:
Download the Google Photos app.
You can download the Google Photos app for Android and iOS. The Android version is available from the Google Play Store, while the iPhone version can be found in Apple’s App Store. If you’re using a desktop computer, you may also want to check out our guide on how to upload your photos with the desktop version of Google Photos (we’ll get into what kind of hardware you need later).
If all else fails and it doesn’t work out of the box—and trust me, sometimes this happens—you may want to consider trying one of these two solutions:
- The web browser method: Sign in with your Google account and open up any web browser on your computer or mobile device; then enter “photos” into its search bar (for example: https://photos.googleapis.com/v1/albums?key=your_key_here&authuser=1). Once there, click on one of your albums from there that contains images attached who has uploaded them into their library through this interface (you’ll know which ones because they will have an icon next to them indicating as such).
Open the app and sign into your account.
Once you’re signed in, you can start uploading.
- To upload an image from your phone: Open the app and tap on the camera icon (the one that looks like a phone). Tap on “Add photo.” Choose an album or folders to select photos before tapping “Next.” You’ll see a list of recently-added photos in order if there are any that haven’t been added yet; tap one to select it as well as add it back into your library when done.*To upload images from another phone or computer: Open Google Photos on your computer/device where you want them stored (such as home computer) using either Chrome OS or Windows 10 mobile devices. From here, click “My Library” at top right corner then choose “Add Photo” under ‘My Collections’ section.*
To upload photos, you can select “Library,” then “Photos.”
To upload photos, you can select “Library,” then “Photos.” You’ll see all of your saved photos on this screen.
To upload a photo from your phone:
- Open Google Photos on Android or iOS and tap the album that contains the photo(s) you want to upload.
- If there’s more than one image in an album, swipe left to see all images in that album (or tap “All” if it’s not visible). Then select an image by tapping it or pressing its thumbnail until it highlights orange (or white if there are no other highlighted items). You can also use pinch-to-zoom gestures to zoom into individual images if needed!
You can also select “Assistant” to view recommendations and suggested albums.
If you want to be more specific about the images that Google Photos will recommend, just select “Assistant” from the menu. This will open up a new screen where you’ll be able to edit or add more information about each image.
For example, if I have a series of photos taken at night in Brooklyn and one of them includes my dog on a leash, Google Photos could make an album with those pictures as its main focus. It also has recommendations based on time of day and location (so if I took this photo during daylight hours but not necessarily at night), so it might suggest an album titled “Daytime” or something similar with these photos included in it as well. You can also create new albums if there aren’t any existing ones that fit what you’re looking for; just click “Create New Album” when prompted!
Your Assistant may also send you photos you’ve forgotten about.
If your Assistant has sent you photos, Google Photos will also send recommendations for albums to create. You can then choose which ones to add to your collection and delete any that aren’t relevant or helpful.
On the left-hand side, select an album (or create a new one) and tap on it to start uploading photos!
- On the left-hand side, select an album (or create a new one) and tap on it to start uploading photos!
- You can also upload photos from your phone, or from the Google Photos library.
Google Photos is great for keeping your pictures in one place.
Google Photos is a free service that lets you store, search and share all your photos and videos.
Just like on Google+, it automatically organizes your pictures into albums based on the date they were taken. You can also create collections of similar images (like “family” or “food”), or add tags so it’s easy to find what you need when searching for an image later.
Well, that’s it! Now you know everything about uploading photos to Google Photos. You can now go ahead and start using this app to organize all your photos, or even share them with friends and family members.